Welcome to Sharonville Elementary! My name is Amy Goohs-Hardman, and I am our Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) President.
Along with the rest of our PFO board, I’d like to thank you, in advance, for your involvement. Parents are so important to a school’s success, and our PFO is a key way that parents can support Sharonville Elementary.
Our Sharonville Elementary PFO is a nonprofit parent faculty organization, whose membership includes all staff, parents and legal guardians of students attending Sharonville Elementary School. The purpose of the Sharonville Elementary PFO is to create a positive learning environment for all by fostering cooperation and communication among all members of our school, community and to develop a relationship between home and school so that parents, teachers and staff may work together to enrich the education of Sharonville Elementary students.
Throughout this pandemic, your PFO Executive Board is diligently working to sponsor assistance to teachers in classroom settings, provide supplemental educational materials and experiences, support school and family social interaction, and provide a forum for sharing information on issues that impact our children. The PFO believes that when parents support our school through a positive partnership, it offers the best possible learning environment for our children.
Here are just a few of the highlights from past school years, made possible in part by PFO volunteers:
- Purchases of a new school laminator, two Cricut crafting machines, pencil sharpeners for the entire staff, a new cart and playground equipment for outdoor recess;
- Viking Store rewards and incentives awarded all year-long, along with school celebrations and reward parties;
- Our annual Sharonville PFO Scholarship--$500 is awarded to a Princeton High School senior who completes a 20 hour service project at Sharonville Elementary;
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony, Book Fairs, Fun Festival, and Santa’s Corner (our annual holiday gift shop);
- Many staff hospitable events, like conference night dinners, a holiday luncheon, and Teacher Appreciation Week activities.
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook. You can find us by searching for “Sharonville Elementary PFO.”
Volunteers are the key component to the success of many groups! Thank you to all who step up to run our Parent Faculty Organization. If you are interested in joining our Executive Board, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for helping us make the #VikingDiff at Sharonville Elementary!
I look forward to getting to know you,