Princeton High School offers two advanced studies programs designed to challenge the students with college level content and skills. Both programs are equally challenging. Some students will take only Advanced Placement (AP) courses, sponsored by the CollegeBoard. Some will take only International Baccalaureate (IB) courses sponsored by the International Baccalaureate Organization. Others will take courses in each program. The following information will present an overview of the Advanced Studies programs at Princeton High School and help parents and students make the best choices when scheduling classes.
- Wonder how to get an Honors Diploma in the state of Ohio? Here's the info.
- Want more information about the IB Program offered at Princeton High School?IB Program at Princeton High School
- Want more information about the AP courses offered at Princeton High School? AP Courses offered at Princeton High School
- Want more information about CCP courses offered at Princeton High School? CCP Information
- Want more information about our Advanced Studies course offerings, please contact Mrs. Michele Ritzie at 864-1845 or at email@example.com
- Video About Advanced Studies Program
- May 2023 AP/IB Testing Calendar
Recommended Pathway for AP/IB Courses
MATH OPTION 1
MATH OPTION 2
Honors or Gifted English 6
Honors or Gifted Social Studies 6
Honors or Gifted Science 6
Honors or Gifted Math 6
Honors or Gifted Math 6
Honors Or Gifted English 7
Honors or Gifted Social Studies 7
Hon or Gifted Science 7
Honors Math 7
Accer. Math 7/8
Highly Recommended French or Spanish (1 Semester)
Honors or Gifted English 8
Honors or Gifted SS 8
Honors or Gifted Science 8
Honors Math 8
Honors Alg 1*
French or Spanish*
Hon. English 1
Honors American Gov & Econ
Honors Environmental Science*
Honors Algebra 1
Honors English 2
AP World History AP Human Geography
Honors Chemistry and/or Honors Physics
AP Environmental Science
Honors Alg 2
AP Language & Literature or IB English 11
AP US History
IB Physics SL
AP Environmental Science
Honors Algebra II
AP Statistics, IB Math SL
AP Literature & Composition or IB English 12
IB History12 HL/SL
IB Bio HL 12
IB Physics SL
IB Chemistry SL (2024-25)
AP Enviro. Science
AP Pre-Calculus, IB Math SL
IB Math SL,
AP Calculus, AP Statistics
Language 5 - IB Lang B
- Algebra 1, foreign language, and health is taken in the 8th grade earn high school credit.
- Honors Biology is a prerequisite for AP Biology and IB Biology. Students planning on completing for Full IB Diploma are highly encouraged to take Honors Biology instead of Honors Environmental Science.
- Honors Environmental Science does not meet science prerequisites for other advanced science courses in the junior and senior year. Honors Biology must be taken in order to fulfill obligations for end of course testing.
Honors Physics & Chemistry can also be taken the junior and senior year
Honors Electives: Engineering, Anatomy & Physiology, Economics, Psychology II
Foreign Language Choices: French, Spanish, & American Sign Language. Princeton offers five years of French & Spanish. American Sign Language is offered for two years. Four additional courses in American Sign Language are offered through the CCP Program.
- Specific prerequisites for courses are listed in the Polaris, available online.
- AP, IB, and CCP course offerings are subject to change based on demand and availability.
Advanced Studies Accomplishments 2021 - 2022
National Merit Commended Scholars
Ohio Seal of Biliteracy
Demonstrate proficiency in English and another world language
Yael Aparicio Alvarado Yeimi Bartolon Perez Lorena Tolentino Escalante Jossie Vargas Rodolfo Barragan Medina Annette Stricklin
National African American Recognition Program
Sponsored by the College Board and is based on performance on the PSAT
Ariel Stephens Brooke Barry George Nnanyelugo Gedeon Kebede Payton Wilson Marie Nzale Camryn Chambliss Kindall Benjamin Sydney Johnson
Granted to students who receive scores of 3 or higher on three or more AP Exams.
Elizabeth Burns Raymond Diesman Mariah Ellington Abbigail Emery Eric Engel Baneza Escalante Madeline Jacobs Nhu Le Leona Messer Will Oliver Diya Patel Shania Stone Amanda Tulloss Nicolas Walker Madison Wiedemann Jonathan Schingledecker
AP Scholar with Honor
Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.25 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on four or more of these exams.
George Nnanyelugo McKinley Roza Paul Wilson
AP Scholar with Distinction
Granted to students who receive an average score of at least 3.5 on all AP Exams taken, and scores of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
Gedeon Kebede David Trinh
Passed one or more AP Exams
Jared Alonzo Bryn Good Ema Carter Jemly Ambrocio Andralyn Brown Camryn Chambliss Judith Amoah Baneza Escalante Mariah Ellington Brooke Barry Alexandra Fite-Clements Anthony Freson Kindall Benjamin Isabella Gilmore Ashley Connor Jamal Booker Trevor Ehlerding Connor Curran Maddisyn Johnson Elizabeth Ehlerding Gedeon Kebede Morrison Roza De'Auna Brooks London Dennie Marie Nzale Symone Campbell Jasmine Dunigan Michael Yuwono Leah Bracknell Aric Engel Gavin Howell Deacon Horsely Parker Evans McKinley Roza My'Shawna Jackson Caleb Fanegan Brady Lewis Ian Stanger Eileen Fortner Kristopher Hucker David Trinh Nicolas Walker Lara Goodall Paul Wilson Izaiah Longstreet Elsa Lemus Flores Jacob Kinney Miles Lopes Amanda Tulloss Elizabeth Burns Raymond Diesman Abbigail Emery Abbos Kosimov John Rhic Lorenzo Joel Messer Devin Long Anna Jaimes Madekine Jacobs Aiden Kenny Elizabeth Marcotte Nathan Hendrix Amelia Martin Leona Messer Justine Head Will Oliver Diya Patel Dillon Pommering Jonathan Schingledecker Carly Nagel Leslie Lara Timothy Marksch Evelyn McDonough Madison Wiedemann Maggie Perkins Nhu Le George Nnanyelugo Abhi Patel Emily Johnson Jose Galan Mallory Geen Jayden Halbert Matthew Hardman Cynthia Ramos Kaitlin Randolph Marcus Redman Sophia Roberts Brayan Roblero Lopez Allen Roy Alex Santos-Gomez Riya Shanker Elijah Spence Emily Steele Shania Stone Blake Verdon Ryan Benjamin Nicolas Brandt Ema Carter Diarra Diop
Received International Baccalaureate Diploma
Annette Stricklin Isabelle Stuever Olivia LaVeaux
Passed one or more IB Exams
Kelly Ailon Ortiz
Baneza Escalante Roblero
Rodolfo Barragan Medina
Clyde Kamdoum Tape
Yeimi Bartolon Perez