2019-2020 NAVY JROTC UNIT ACHIEVEMENT Award Winner
1. Please look at the calendar tab/page for upcoming 2021 events.
2. Uniforms: CADETS PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR UNIFORMS IN THE NJROTC CLASSROOM WITHOUT PROPERLY CHECKING OUT WITH THE INSTRUCTORS!!! Effective immediately, any uniform item turned in to the NJROTC instructors not clean and pressed will be charged a cleaning fee (obligation) of $50.00 per uniform. All uniforms were issued to cadets the first two weeks of school. If a cadet needs to exchange uniform items for any reason, the cadet needs to return the original uniform item (cleaned) to NJROTC instructors to exchange the item on a 1 for 1 basis. All Uniform issues will be taken care of after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3. PARENTS/Guardians! Senior Chief (SCPO) McDermott and Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) Brockway are asking for your updated email address so we can effectively communicate with you. Please email Senior Chief or LCDR and or write down your email address on the the syllabus acknowledgment form.
4. NJROTC after school activity teams include: Orienteering team; Air Rifle team; Academic team; Physical Training team; Color Guard Team; Armed IDR drill team; Unarmed IDR drill team; Armed Exhibition drill team; and Unarmed Exhibition drill team. All Cadets are invited to participate. After school activity buses only run after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We except changes to late bus schecule due to COVID-19.
5. NJROTC Instructor Phone numbers: Senior Chief McDermott, Naval Science Instructor (864-1776) and LCDR R. P. Brockway, NJROTC Senior Naval Science Instructor (864-1778). Our email addresses are under our pictures to the right of this announcements page. We promise to return your phone call and/or email you within 1 business day. If we do not get back to you within 1 business day, then please call us or email us again as we must have missed your voice mail or email.
6. NJROTC Mandatory Events: Mandatory events make up 10% of the overall NJROTC grade. If your cadet cannot attend any mandatory event, then we (instructors) need a note from parents/guardians informing us that your son or daughter cannot participate in that particular event PRIOR to the date of the event. We do not accept emails or phone calls from parents/guardians, just a hand written note will suffice. Thank you for your future support in this endeavor. The mandatory events for first quarter are the following: NONE as of now due to COVID-19.
7. 22nd annual Princton NJROTC Field Meet: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have cancelled our annual field meet originally scheduled for Saturday, 19 September 2020. The risk was too great to take for all cadets, parents, family members, and adults. We are eagerly looking forward to the fall of 2021 whereby we can host our field meet free from the threat of COVID-19.
8. 8th graders in NJROTC!: Starting for the school year 2020-2021, 8th graders at Princeton Community Middle School will be allowed to partipate in the Navy JROTC program at Princton High School! This will be a pilot program for this school year as only two other high schools in the Mid-West are participating. All participating 8th graders will be fully integrated into the program as similiar to their fellow Vikings in grades 9-12. If any 8th grader is insterested in taking NJROTC this school year please have them see Ms. Hughes, PCMS counselor.
Take care, be safe, and practice social distancing!
Senior Chief D.A. McDermott and LCDR R.P. Brockway
2019-2020 UNIT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD