2019-2020 NAVY JROTC DISTINGUISHED UNIT!
1. Please look at the calendar tab/page for upcoming 2020 events.
2. Uniforms: CADETS PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR UNIFORMS IN THE NJROTC CLASSROOM WITHOUT PROPERLY CHECKING OUT WITH THE INSTRUCTORS!!! Effective immediately, any uniform item turned in to the NJROTC instructors not clean and pressed will be charged a cleaning fee (obligation) of $50.00 per uniform. All uniforms were issued to cadets the first two weeks of school. If a cadet needs to exchange uniform items for any reason, the cadet needs to return the original uniform item (cleaned) to NJROTC instructors to exchange the item on a 1 for 1 basis. All Uniform issues will be taken care of after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
3. PARENTS/Guardians! Senior Chief (SCPO) McDermott and Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) Brockway are asking for your updated email address so we can effectively communicate with you. Please email Senior Chief or LCDR and or write down your email address on the the syllabus acknowledgment form.
4. NJROTC after school activity teams include: Orienteering team; Air Rifle team; Academic team; Physical Training team; Color Guard Team; Armed IDR drill team; Unarmed IDR drill team; Armed Exhibition drill team; and Unarmed Exhibition drill team. All Cadets are invited to participate. After school activity buses only run after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
5. NJROTC Instructor Phone numbers: Senior Chief McDermott, Naval Science Instructor (864-1776) and LCDR R. P. Brockway, NJROTC Senior Naval Science Instructor (864-1778). Our email addresses are under our pictures to the right of this announcements page. We promise to return your phone call and/or email you within 1 business day. If we do not get back to you within 1 business day, then please call us or email us again as we must have missed your voice mail or email.
6. NJROTC Mandatory Events: Mandatory events make up 10% of the overall NJROTC grade. If your cadet cannot attend any mandatory event, then we (instructors) need a note from parents/guardians informing us that your son or daughter cannot participate in that particular event PRIOR to the date of the event. We do not accept emails or phone calls from parents/guardians, just a hand written note will suffice. Thank you for your future support in this endeavor. The mandatory events for third quarter are the following: NONE as of now.
Senior Chief D.A. McDermott and LCDR R.P. Brockway
2019-2020 DISTINGUISHED UNIT