Click the link below for more information:
Presentation: Graduation Requirements 2023 and Beyond
Presentation: Requisitos de Graduacion A partir del 2023
Spanish Video Version: Requerimientos de Graduacion 2023
Ohio’s Graduation Seals
In addition to fulfilling curriculum requirements, students must also show they are prepared for the next steps after high school. State law created 12 diploma seals for students to demonstrate academic, technical, and professional readiness. Students will demonstrate readiness by earning at least two diploma seals, one of which must be state defined.
OhioMeansJobs Readiness Seal (state)
A student must complete these steps:
1. Demonstrate proficiency** in each of 15 identified professional skills.
2. Using the OhioMeansJobs-Readiness Seal Form, record how he or she demonstrated each professional skill within three possible environments – school, work or community.
3. Have each skill validated (confirmed) by at least one mentor. A mentor is an experienced advisor the student trusts.
Click here to view the OMJ Readiness Seal Validation Form
Industry-Recognized Credential Seal (state)
- Earn a 12-point approved industry-recognized credential or group of credentials totaling 12 points in a single career field. (Great Oaks)
Military Enlistment Seal (state)
- Provide evidence that a student has enlisted in a branch of the US Armed Forces; or
- Participate in 2 years of an approved JROTC program.
College Readiness Seal (state)
Earn remediation-free scores on the ACT or SAT
Citizenship Seal (state)
A student can:
1. Earn a score of a “3” or higher on both the American history and American government end-of-course exams;
2. Earn a “2” or higher score on appropriate Advanced Placement or a “3” or higher on an International Baccalaureate exams; or (Currently, we offer AP US Hist, AP Human Geo, AP Govt, and IB History at PHS)
3. Earn a final course grade that is equivalent to a “B” or higher in appropriate classes taken through the College Credit Plus program. (currently we offer CCP US Hist 1, CCP US Hist II, and CCP Gov at PHS)
Science Seal (state)
A student can:
1. Earn a score of a “3” or higher on the biology end-of-course exam;
2. Earn a score of a “2” or higher on an appropriate Advanced Placement or a “3” or higher on an International Baccalaureate exam (currently we offer AP Bio, IB Bio, AP Chem, and IB Physics at PHS); or
3. Earn a final course grade that is equivalent to a “B” or higher in an appropriate class taken through the College Credit Plus program (currently we offer CCP Env Sci and CCP Anatomy & Physiology at PHS)
Honors Diploma Seal (state):
Earn one of six Honors Diplomas outlined below:
1. Academic Honors Diploma;
2. International Baccalaureate Honors Diploma;
3. Career-Tech Honors Diploma;
4. STEM Honors Diploma;
5. Arts Honors Diploma;
6. Social Science and Civic Engagement Honors Diploma.
For detailed information to earn these Honors Diplomas visit: http://education.ohio.
Seal of Biliteracy (State)
Demonstrate all of the following:
Demonstrate eligibility for a high school diploma
Demonstrate English language arts proficiency; and (earn a score of a “3” on ELA2 EOC, or a score of a “3” on the OELPA, or a score of an 18 on the writing ACT and 22 on the reading portion of the ACT, or a score of a 480 on the Evidence-based reading and writing portion of the SAT
Demonstrate world language proficiency (earning a score of “5” on the HL IB French or Spanish exam or a score of a “6” on the SL IB Spanish or French exam)
Technology Seal (state):
A student can:
1. Earn a score of a “2” or higher on an appropriate Advanced Placement or “2” or higher on an International Baccalaureate exam; (AP Comp. Sci if offered at PHS)
2. Earn a final course grade that is equivalent to a “B” or higher in an appropriate class taken through the College Credit Plus program; or (currently PHS offers CCP IT courses)
3. Complete a course offered through the district or school that meets the criteria established by ODE. (Currently, we offer PLTW and STEAM labs)
Community Service Seal (Local):
Students must complete 15 hours of community service over the course of grades 9-12. Plans must be pre-approved by a school counselor or administrator.
Community Service Form
Fine or Performing Arts Seal (local):
Accumulate 4 points:
.5 point for each semester of fine or performing art classes (CCP included)
1 point for participation in each school or community sponsored drama or musical production (cast, crew, or orchestra)
- Fine and Performing Arts Seal form
Certified Student Engagement Seal (local):
Accumulate 4 points:
1 point for each season of participation on a school-sponsored athletic team
1 point for participation in each school sponsored drama or musical production
1 point for each semester as a member of a school-sponsored band, orchestra, or choir
1 point for each semester as a class officer or membership of a student leadership/government
1 point for each year as a member of a school-sponsored extracurricular activity/club
- Certified Student Engagement Seal Form