Teacher Collaboration Image

    Link to Professional Development eBOOKS     


    Professional Development Leave Forms

    Professional Leave Request Form (1 Attendee)  

    Professional Leave Request Form (Mulitple Attendees)

    Professional Leave Flight/Lodging Information

    Professional Leave Information

    If there is a conference or training that you would like to attend that will be paid with district funds, there are some very important things that you should know about the process. 

    Please read this in its entirety and save it where you'll be able to find it easily when you need it.

    1. All professional leave must align with the District Strategic and Academic Achievement plans.
    2. All professional leave must be approved by your department head, principal, and PAC administrator.  
    3. If there are ANY expenses involved, there MUST be a purchase order in place before you may do ANYTHING that involves money (registration, etc.). To obtain a purchase order:
    4. Complete a professional leave request form at least three weeks prior to the Early Bird due date.  The form is found on the website under Professional Development on the Staff Portal page.

    You MUST include all of the expenses involved, registration cost, mileage, meals, etc.  If you do not list an expense, and then request reimbursement for it when you return, it may be denied.  Professional leave forms are found at the top of this page.

    1. Attach a flyer, registration form, etc., to your professional leave request form.  A link to the conference website works perfectly!
    2. Have your principal sign your leave form.
    3. Send the form to the secretary of the PAC administrator over your position at PAC.  Example: regular education 2nd-grade teacher - the PAC administrator is Tonya West Wright-send the form to Nancy Bortle; school health aide - your PAC administrator is Dr. Mari Phillips, send the form to Janet Lanzarotta.
    4. Once the purchase order has been generated, you may then register for the event.
    5. Enter your leave into AESOP.
    6. Obtain receipts of all items related to the conference for which you requested reimbursement: parking, baggage, etc. (See professional leave form for rules specific to meals) ALL receipts must be original and contain details of the expense. 
    7. Within two weeks of return, place receipts into a reimbursement request envelope (your building secretary will have them). Make a copy of all receipts, just in case the envelope doesn't make it to PAC! Complete the information needed on the envelope, sign it and send it directly to the secretary to whom you sent the leave request form. The principal does not need to sign it.
    8. Your reimbursement check will be sent to your building secretary.  Checks are cut on the 10th and 25th of each month, so depending on when your receipts were received, you'll receive your reimbursement check 2-3 days after the check date.

    If you have any questions about the process, please call your school/department secretary, Student Services Secretary Janet Lanzarotta at extension 1034, Special Education Secretary Stacey Powers at extension 1035, or Curriculum & Instruction Secretary Nancy Bortle at extension 1060.