A not-for-profit, 501 (c)(3) headquartered in Akron, Ohio and our mission is to promote a positive perspective on aging.
Assists older adults with job training and placement.
- The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) improves job readiness of older workers while expanding the services of local nonprofit and government agencies by providing paid, part-time job training to adults ages 55 and over.
- Resource Room provides computers and access to a variety of job-seeking tools, including job postings. Available at our Romig Road headquarters and open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. (Closed Saturday and Sunday)
Meals on Wheels Northeast Ohio
Offers home-delivered, congregate meals, Farmer’s Market Vouchers and Food Boxes
- Meals on Wheels offers homebound and disabled clients nutritious meals conveniently delivered to their home or at various congregate dining sites throughout Summit, Stark, and Wayne Counties.
- The Senior Farmer’s Market Program distributes vouchers to qualified clients to purchase fresh fruit and vegetables each summer at local farmer’s markets in Summit, Stark, and Wayne Counties.
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program works to improve the health of low-income persons at least 60 years of age by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA Foods.
Behavioral Health Solutions
Behavioral Health Solutions are provided in partnership with The Blick Center and focus on individuals ages 40 and older struggling with addiction to alcohol, other drugs and/or mental health issues. Treatment and tools are provided to help save their health and possibly their lives.
Home Wellness Solutions
Provides personal care, chore services, and household services so older adults can remain at home.
- Our Home Health Aides provide non-medical, hands-on care including bathing, dressing, feeding, walking or using a wheelchair.
- Homemaker services include housekeeping, laundry, shopping, and meal preparation.
- Chore services supply deep cleaning services.
Contact: 330-515-5605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Serving as a host site for RSVP in Summit, Medina, Geauga, Wayne, Delaware, Franklin, and Hamilton Counties, VANTAGE Aging promotes volunteer opportunities for older adults at local nonprofits to address childhood literacy, food insecurity and social isolation.
Contact: 330-253-4597 x166
Encore Staffing Network
Temporary to permanent job placement specializing in older adults. Serving Cuyahoga, Lake, and Geauga counties.
Contact: 216-361-9750 email@example.com vantageaging.org/encore
2279 Romig Road, Akron, OH 44320
Phone: (330) 253-4597 • Fax: (330) 762-5571
VANTAGE Aging is a not-for-profit, 501 (c)(3) headquartered in Akron, Ohio and our mission is to promote a positive perspective on aging.