Welcome to Sharonville Elementary! My name is Amy Goohs-Hardman, and I am our Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) President.
Along with the rest of our PFO board, I’d like to thank you, in advance, for your involvement. Parents are so important to a school’s success, and our PFO is a key way that parents can support Sharonville Elementary.
By “support,” I’m not just referring to fundraising. Yes, we raise money for the Vikings Rewards Store, class celebrations, and much more, and you’ll be hearing about these things throughout the school year, but we also organize great family events like Fun Festival, and we support school staff members with our hospitality and staff appreciation efforts.
Here are just a few of the highlights from last school year, made possible in part by PFO volunteers:
- Purchases of a new school laminator, pencil sharpeners for the entire staff, a new cart and playground equipment for outdoor recess, and spirit wear for all our staff and students;
- Viking Store rewards and incentives awarded all year-long, along with school celebrations and reward parties;
- Our annual Sharonville PFO Scholarship--$500 is awarded to a Princeton High School senior who completes a 20 hour service project at Sharonville Elementary;
- 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony, Book Fairs, Fun Festival, and Santa’s Corner (our annual holiday gift shop);
- Many hospitable events, like conference night dinners for our staff and Veteran’s Day activities.
If you’re looking for a way to get involved at Sharonville Elementary, we can help. We have moms, dads, grandparents, and other family and community members who volunteer. Any amount of time you can give is great, whether it’s two hours a year or two hours a week. Whatever works best for you, we can make it work!
Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook. You can find us by searching for “Sharonville Elementary PFO.”
I look forward to getting to know you,