2019-2020 NAVY JROTC DISTINGUISHED UNIT!
1. Please look at the calendar page for upcoming 2019 events.
2. Uniforms: CADETS PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF YOUR UNIFORMS IN THE NJROTC CLASSROOM WITHOUT PROPERLY CHECKING OUT WITH THE INSTRUCTORS!!! Effective immediately, any uniform item turned in to the NJROTC instructors not clean and pressed will be charged a cleaning fee (obligation) of $50.00 per uniform. All uniforms were issued to cadets the first two weeks of school. If a cadet needs to exchange uniform items for any reason, the cadet needs to return the original uniform item (cleaned) to NJROTC instructors to exchange the item on a 1 for 1 basis. All Uniform issues will be taken care of after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
4. PARENTS/Guardians! Senior Chief (SCPO) McDermott and Lieutenant Commander (LCDR) Brockway are asking for your updated email address so we can effectively communicate with you. Please email Senior Chief or LCDR and or write down your email address on the the syllabus acknowledgment form.
5. NJROTC after school activity teams include: Orienteering team; Air Rifle team; Academic team; Physical Training team; Color Guard Team; Armed IDR drill team; Unarmed IDR drill team; Armed Exhibition drill team; and Unarmed Exhibition drill team. All Cadets are invited to participate. After school activity buses only run after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
6. NJROTC Instructor Phone numbers: Senior Chief McDermott, Naval Science Instructor (864-1776) and LCDR R. P. Brockway, NJROTC Senior Naval Science Instructor (864-1778). Our email addresses are under our pictures to the right of this announcements page. We promise to return your phone call and/or email you within 1 business day. If we do not get back to you within 1 business day, then please call us or email us again as we must have missed your voice mail or email.
7. NJROTC Mandatory Events: Mandatory events make up 10% of the overall NJROTC grade. If your cadet cannot attend any mandatory event, then we (instructors) need a note from parents/guardians informing us that your son or daughter cannot participate in that particular event PRIOR to the date of the event. We do not accept emails or phone calls from parents/guardians, just a hand written note will suffice. Thank you for your future support in this endeavor. The mandatory events for second quarter are the following: Area Manager's Inspection (AMI) on 14 November and the three practices after school on 5, 7, and 12 November. All cadets will be given late activity bus pass on the three practice days. All cadets must be present on Thursday, 14 November so please parents ensure your cadets gets to school that day in uniform.
8. Holiday Party: Parents, you, your cadet and family are cordially invited to this school year's NJROTC Holiday party on Friday, 13 December 2019 in the PHS cafeteria, free of charge. Attire is casual and if possible wear your most ugly Holiday sweaters. Please arrive between 5:45-6:00 in the cafeteria as the program will start at 6:00 PM sharp and will end at 8:00 PM. The cadets, Senior Chief and I would like to have all cadets, their parents and families attend if possible as this is NOT a mandatory event. The Holiday party will be pot luck with each cadet assigned to bring a particular dish or drink. Additionally we will conduct an ugly sweater contest and a white elephant gift exchange event after the evening meal. Participation in all Holiday party events is voluntary. All gifts for the gift exchange event should be no more that $20 and no less than $15. Please wrap all gifts with no name tags attached. If there are any questions/concerns please call LCDR Brockway.
Senior Chief D.A. McDermott and LCDR R.P. Brockway
2019-2020 DISTINGUISHED UNIT