Record Retention Guidelines
There is a designated record retention person at each school and/or department.
Contact Student Services 864-1034 for directions on boxing up "STUDENT FILES" including the following “Student File” categories: CUM folders, Student Intervention Folders, Due Process Folders, and Student Health Folders.
All other records should be boxed using the following guidelines.
- Use only District approved boxes
- available through the pony service
- Do NOT overfill the box
- they need to be moveable
- Box items with similar retention codes
- the 1st digit of the Auditor of State retention code
- Do NOT mix permanent records with temporary records
- Use the District approved labels
- available from the Treasurer’s Office
- follow the directions on the label
- Meet with the building designee to add the appropriate code and disposal information to the label
- The full code from the label should be written on all sides of the box
- allows for easy identification if the box is placed on the shelf backwards
- The building designee should enter a work order to have the records moved to the appropriate storage facility
- The yellow copy of the label should be sent to the Treasurer's Office
- The Treasurer's Office will request record disposal yearly
If there are any questions that the building designee cannot answer, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at 864-1040.