State Auditor Keith Faber visited the district on Wednesday, April 21st to personally deliver our Ohio Auditor of State Award with Distinction for excellence in financial reporting. The district has received this award multiple times, but having the award delivered by the State Auditor was a first! Auditor Faber said only 4% of all audited local government entities in the state receive this award so it is a BIG deal! Special thanks Board of Education for their support of our work and to the Treasurer’s Office Team for the dedication and hardwork:
- Teri Riesenberg - Assistant Treasurer
- Jodi Wright - Payroll Administrator
- Janet Wells - Executive Assistant
- Karen Mills - Fiscal Specialist, Payroll
- Susie Celek - Fiscal Specialist, Accounting
- Kristy Garrison - Fiscal Specialist, Payroll
It is important to note that this award would not be possible without each and every Princeton employee working each day to give their best to our district in support of our students. Thank you all and let’s keep this tradition going!
As the Chief Fiscal Officer of the Princeton City School District, it is my responsibility to oversee the annual appropriations, payroll, fixed assets, purchasing, financial reporting, investing, deposits and all other district fiscal duties. Included in these duties are preparation of the five year forecast, all financial information reported to the State of Ohio, and facilitating the annual audits of the District’s financial reporting required by the State.
I am proud our efforts have been recognized with clean audits and excellence in financial reporting with the following awards:
- Ohio Auditor of State Award of Distinction
- Association of School Business Officials International’s Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Award
- Government Finance Officers Association’s Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Award
It is my pleasure and privilege to work closely with the Board of Education, Superintendent, staff and community in the District’s responsible stewardship of taxpayer funds. It is my responsibility to provide accurate financial data to guide our team in these efforts.
The Treasurer of the school district serves as the Secretary to the Board of Education. In this role my office is responsible for the safekeeping of all contracts executed by the Board, documents and the official minutes of all Board meetings.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or any member of my staff if we can be of assistance.