• Frequently Asked Questions

    updated on June 22, 2020, at 9:35 p.m.  More information will be added shortly.

    Follow instagram (vikingdiff1 & pscdvikings) & twitter (@VikingDiff & @PCSDViking)  for school information and to stay current on school issues.

    When will we be back in school?

    Superintendent Tom Burton has offered a proposal for changing the school calendar to allow for professional development and more teacher preparation. 

    If the proposal is approved by the Board of Education, teaching staff will return on August 10, as planned, and students will have their first day of school on August 20, 2020.   

    What do I do if I'm not receiving district phone calls?

    If you are not receiving messages, you can sign up to receive them on the all-call system by looking under the Overview section of Messages from the Superintendent. 

    You can also sign up to receive district emails and eNews:

    Sign up for District Email

    Sign up for District eNews

    How will students facing food insecurity get fed?

    Any students in need may continue to receive food during the time that our buildings are closed. Our Food Services Department has been working closely with our Transportation Department, support staff, and volunteers to provide meals on a regular basis. 

    In response to the needs and best practices, we will continue to provide Grab & Go meals at six elementary buildings.  Each week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, anyone 18 and younger may go to Heritage Hill, Lincoln Heights, Sharonville, Springdale, Stewart, or Woodlawn Elementary schools for a meal package.  They will be operating from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. 

    Our community partners are also delivering donated food and other life supplies to families in need. See the schedule on our website.  Meals during this week will also be available at St. Monica’s Recreation Center in Lincoln Heights. We are grateful for our partnerships with the Princeton Closet, Christ Church Glendale, FreeStore FoodBank, Jee Foods, Lincoln Heights Outreach Initiative, Montgomery Community Church,  New Day and Reconcile Community Church, Sharonville Food Pantry Sharonville United Methodist, St. Simon’s Church, Valley Boosters Food Pantry, Vineyard Church, and other community volunteers, who are collecting, packaging and distributing Student Meal Kits and other items to Princeton families in need. 

    How can students go about obtaining a work permit under Ohio’s Minor Labor Laws if schools are closed?
    According to the Ohio Department of Commerce, if a minor has all necessary paperwork completed and is unable to get the permit processed due to school closure, the completed paperwork may itself stand in the place of the physically printed permit. Employers should keep the paperwork on file, just like they would the permit. The formal permit should be processed as soon as the school is reopened.  See our Website for more details under Frequently Asked Questions.

    What if my student does not have a Chromebook or electronic device to work on from home?

    If students in grades K-12 do not have access to a computing device at home, the district will arrange to loan the student a device.  All devices must be checked out to the student by completing a registration form.  Please call the technology department at 513-864-1162 to make arrangements or if you have tech concerns. Please leave a message, and someone will contact you.  

    Students can use Google Suites to complete work even if you are not connected to the internet. While offline, you can still create, view, and edit files on Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides. Click here for more information on how to use these tools offline. 

    If I don’t have wifi, what are my child’s options for Remote Learning?

    If you are having connectivity issues, please call the Princeton tech hotline at 513.864.1162 and leave a detailed message on how we can reach you, and what your concern involves.

    Starting Monday, March 16, Charter Communications offered free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 megabits per second. To enroll in Charter’s free broadband program, eligible consumers must call (844) 488-8395.  

    *We have learned that if you do not have cable hook-up already wired or if you have an unpaid bill with Spectrum/Charter, they will not honor this offer. Again, please call the Princeton tech hotline at 513.864.1162 for assistance. 

    Are there tips for managing anxiety related to COVID-19?

    Try to keep a consistent schedule by designating work and break times throughout the day. Check out www.GoNoodle.com for elementary age students (a variety of short videos to calm and energize). Middle and high school students can access online resources that include deep breathing and guided relaxation exercises, mindfulness and meditation exercises, and progressive muscle relaxation exercises. Listen to relaxing music or go for a walk outside. 

    Public health emergencies, such as the outbreak of COVID-19, are stressful times for people and communities. View the resources on our website, under our Social-emotional Tips about how to curb anxiety related to this evolving situation. 

    In our response to COVID-19, we are grateful to rely on the wisdom of our health experts and elected officials and appreciate the care and commitment of our community to take care of our Vikings who are most vulnerable. 

    We recognize the importance of consistent and continued care for our students who access our school-based mental health services. The district has contacted each of our mental health partners, and they plan to continue to provide access to mental health services. Any specific questions or concerns should be directed to your student’s therapist and treatment provider. All agencies have options for home visits (as appropriate) or telephone sessions.

    Thank you for all that YOU do to keep our students safe, healthy, and well.

    How do I register my child to attend Princeton City Schools, including preschool and kindergarten students, for 2020-2021?

    To register Pre-K and Kindergarten students for PCSD 2020-2021:

    Download the registration packet and learn about the additional documents required for enrollment. 

    The completed registration forms and the documents can be scanned to Debbie Birch (dbirch@vikingmail.org), Marna Steinberg (msteinberg@vikingmail.org), or Ana Martinez (amartinez@vikingmail.org) to register your child remotely. 

    Or you can mail the completed forms and documents to:

    Princeton City Schools

    Attn: Welcome Center

    3900 Cottingham Drive

    Cincinnati, Ohio 45241

    For questions, please call 513.864.1111 and leave a message.


    How can we support our Viking Village?

    VolunteerThe SignUpGenius to volunteer is linked to the District website

     Donate: Please contact Mr. Burton if you are interested in making a significant donation.

    The Princeton Closet is accepting monetary and food donations.  If you would like to support the Princeton Closet, please contact Susan Wyder by email or by phone at (513) 518-6991.

     The Princeton Closet is located at 11786 Highway Drive

    Sharonville, Ohio 45241

    Phone number: (513)864-1025


    Complete the 2020 Census: Local communities depend on information from the Census Bureau to fund programs that promote the well-being of families and children, as well as equal employment opportunities for you and your neighbors. If you have not already responded, please complete your United States Census Questionnaire at www.2020census.gov

    #VikingCarryout: This is a very crucial time for our local businesses, especially those in hospitality. Consider supporting our local businesses and restaurants who offer carryout or delivery.

    Are we still holding indoor events at Princeton City Schools?

    As of March 12, in response to Governor DeWine’s emergency order and the Ohio Department of Health recommendations to limit social contact, all after-school indoor events that include guests/spectators have been canceled until further notices. We will evaluate opportunities to reschedule concerts, musicals, etc.  

    What about school-sponsored travel?

    At this time, all school-sponsored travel and field trips have been canceled. 

    How do I talk to my child about COVID-19?

    As public conversations around COVID-19 increase, children may worry about themselves, their family, and friends getting ill. Parents, family members, school staff, and other trusted adults can play an important role in helping children make sense of what they hear in a way that is honest, accurate, and minimizes anxiety or fear. The CDC has created guidance to help adults have conversations with children about COVID-19, and ways children can avoid getting and spreading the disease. 

    How can I contact the Health Department?

    If you have questions or concern, you should contact:

    Butler County Public Health Department: 1-877-774-4636

    Hamilton County Public Health Department: 1-513-946-7800

    Springdale City Health Department: 1-513-346-5725

    Warren County Health District: 1-513-695-1228

    What can staff and students do to stay healthy?

    Please take the extra precautions that are recommended by the CDC, such as hand washing, covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue, and staying home when you are sick.

    Again, we appreciate your partnership and patience and will continue to provide regular updates as this rapidly changing situation evolves.