Safety Update

January 5, 2023

One of the First Student, Inc. school buses transporting students to All Saints School in Kenwood was involved in a traffic accident on Fields Ertle Road. There were three students on board with the driver. There were no injuries, and no medical attention was required.   All parents of the involved students were called to inform them of the incident. 

A second bus was involved in an accident that shut down two lanes on SB I-75. Only the bus driver was on board at the time. The driver of the school bus was not injured.

The safety of students is our first concern. First Student, Inc., our transportation service provider, has a very safe driving record. Thank you for entrusting your child to our care. Don't hesitate to contact First Student at 513.554.0105 or your child’s school if you have any questions.

Fire alarms went off at Princeton High School due to a surge protector that was smoking in classroom 1102. Everyone evacuated quickly, and the Sharonville Fire Department responded. The All Clear was given, and students and staff have returned to the building.

 3:09 PM - Update:

 The City of Sharonville Fire Department was initially dispatched just before 8:00 a.m. this morning for a fire alarm activation at Princeton High School. On arrival, the crews found a laptop charger overheated, causing very little smoke, a small burn area on the floor, and a pungent electrical burning odor; the fire response was then quickly downgraded.  

The fire department's concern then turned to the overheating charger, knowing all teachers were assigned the same make/model of the laptop computer.  An investigation included checking for any recall or common issues with the laptop and charger.  No recalls or common problems were found in the county. The fire department feels confident this was an anomaly and not a more extensive computer/charger issue.

Princeton staff did an incredible job getting all the students evacuated in a timely and organized manner, worked quickly with the School Resource Officer and fire department to ensure a speedy resolution, and, most importantly, kept all the students safe.

Thank you.