Return to HeadlinesFUTURE EVENTS (May 2022):
FUTURE EVENTS (April 2022):
FUTURE EVENTS (March 2022):
In order to keep you abreast of the Princeton High School Navy JROTC program, the March 2022 situation report (SITREP) is submitted as follows:
COMPLETED EVENTS (April 2022):
1. NJROTC Picture Day was on Thursday, 7 April. All cadets in attendance had their picture taken for the school composite photograph. Cadets were given informational fliers to take home to parents/guardians on how to review cadets' negatives and buy cadet pictures from McIntire Photography.
2. Semi-annual NJROTC Physical Readiness Test (PRT) was administered on Tuesday, 19 April. The make-up (PRT) was administered on Friday, 22 April.
4. Military Signing Day was on Thursday, 28 April in Matthews Auditorium. 5 Cadets signed their enlistment papers; Cadet Peter Mick-Navy, Donovin Collins-Army, Cadet Christian Henry-McConnell and Jaehir Short-U.S. Marine Corps, and Cadet Nathon Ortiz-Ohio National Guard. Also, the NJROTC program provided the color guard.
5. The End of Year (EOY)Awards Ceremony was conducted in class on Wednesday, 27 April. Over 20 military/Patriot group awards for cadets were awarded and over 100 local NJROTC ribbons were presented to the cadets who earned them. All cadets were provided with a box lunch and water.
1. The color guard is scheduled to present the colors at the following ceremonies: Reds game on 7 May; Senior Awards Night on 11 May; Top 20 Awards Night on 12 May; Baccalaureate on 13 May; Graduation on 15 May; Underclassmen Award Night on 18 May.
2. The color guard may be scheduled to present the colors for senior night at the varsity baseball game and a memorial service at the Ford Sharonville Plant in support of Memorial Day.
3. Preparing and training 10 cadets scheduled to participate in the NJROTC summer camp, Basic Leadership Training at Camp Sherman, Chillicothe, Ohio 12-16 June 2022.
COMPLETED EVENTS (March 2022):
1. The Academic team and Physical Training team competed in the NJROTC AREA THREE EAST drill meet (hosted by Hamilton H.S.) on 4 March.
2. Twenty-Five cadets participated in the NJROTC National Academic Exam on 2 March. The exam consisted of 100 questions covering current events and Navy JROTC curriculum.
3. The JROTC Military Ball hosted by Scarlet Oaks NJROTC on Saturday, 26 March. Over 50 Princeton cadets and their dates participated.
4. Cadet Amy Sow participated in the DECA competition on Friday 11 March and placed fifth.
5. Cadet Peter Mick officially joined/enlisted in the United State Navy on 18 February. Cadet Mick's job will be a cryptologic network technician. Cadet Christain Henry-McConnell officially joined/enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. Cadet Nathan Oritz joined the Ohio National Guard.
6. Spring Break; 28 March - 1 April 2022.
1. NJROTC Picture Day is Thursday, 7 April. All cadets are required to be in uniform and have their picture taken for school composite photograph.
2. Parent/Teacher Conferences will be on 7 April, 1500-1900.
3. Semi-annual NJROTC Physical Readiness Test will be administered on Tuesday, 19 April with the make-up schedule for Friday, 22 April.
4. Military Signing Day will be on Thursday, 28 April in Matthews Auditorium.
5. PHS PROM is 30 April.
6. State of Ohio End of Course (EOC) testing dates are as follows: Social Studies (12 April); Science (14 April); and Math (20 & 21 April).
7. End of Year Awards Ceremony, 27 April.
Russell P. Brockway, M.Ed
Lieutenant Commander, U. S. Navy (Retired)
Senior Naval Science Instructor
Navy Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps
Princeton High School
100 Viking Way
Cincinnati, Ohio 45246
Cadets Dylan Stein and Isabella Von Stein represented Princeton and NJROTC at the West Point Leadership Ethics and Seminar on February 25th. Over 50 schools from the greater Cincinnati area participated.
The Area Manager's Inspection was conducted virtually this year on February 10th.
Cadet Peter Mick officially joined/enlisted in the United State Navy on 18 February. Cadet Mick's job will be a cryptologic network technician.
The Academic team and Physical Training team will compete in the NJROTC AREA THREE EAST drill meet (hosted by Hamilton H.S.) on March 4th.
Twenty-Five PHS cadets will participate in the NJROTC National Academic Exam on March 2nd. The exam consists of 100 questions covering current events and the Navy JROTC curriculum.
The JROTC Military Ball will be hosted by Scarlet Oaks NJROTC on Saturday, March 26th. Over 50 Princeton cadets are expected to participate.
Cadet Amy Sow will participate in the DECA competition on Friday March 11th.
13 NJROTC senior cadets will participate in Senior Skate Day, March 3rd.